Braces are a revolutionary treatment that can be applied by an orthodontist to straighten a patient’s teeth. They are very easy for a professional person to fit and will make a real difference to the appearance of teeth that are crowded or misaligned.
For people who have braces fitted, there are a number of things that you must do to make sure the braces don’t break and your teeth stay in good condition:
- Don’t drink fizzy drinks. These can end up leaving permanent stains on your teeth once the braces are removed.
- Be very careful when eating crunchy foods like apples. Cut them into small pieces or avoid them altogether.
- Clean your braces with the brushes provided by your dentist or orthodontist. This will prevent food from getting stuck in them.
- Clean your teeth twice a day to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- When your braces have been tightened, be careful and eat soft foods to avoid causing pain.