Practicing good hygiene is a must, if you want to keep your mouth clean. By not practicing good hygiene, bacteria can end up living in your mouth, in the form of cavities, gingivitis and plaque. You also will find it harder to feel confident when socialising. So take these tips in and apply them!
When brushing your teeth:
- Brush your tongue. This removes bacteria and will help freshen your breath.
- Clean the inside of your front teeth using the tip of your toothbrush.
- Brush the chewing surfaces, inner surfaces and outer tooth surfaces.
When flossing your teeth:
- Guide the floss (using a rubbing motion) between your teeth.
- When flossing and you reach the gum, curve floss into a C shape and gently slide between gum and tooth.